16 June 2014

Pattern Puzzle - The Draped Peasant Dress

Last Saturdays #PatternPuzzle pays homage to Yohji Yamamoto’s SS 2002 collection. Fans made very light work of our pattern pieces and had the puzzle solved by lunch time. Gloria Lucia Sandoval went to all the trouble of printing out the puzzle, cutting and assembling the tiny pieces to make sense of it for everyone. :)

The Draped Peasant Dress has a strong oriental flavour with a Kimono sleeve and a classic but restricted print & colour palette. Inspired by the back view of this Yohji Yamamoto (SS 2002) gown, this kimono styled dress features contrast fabric, a gathered neckline and waistline drape.


You'll find all the pattern making detail on the website blog.

4 comments:

  1. Wow, great dress! And so much more interesting than the title suggested...

    I've just stumbled across this blog and keep looking at older posts... I love drafting my own patterns so I should have discovered this place a long time ago.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lauriana, it's one of my favourites too. :) Let me know if you have any questions while drafting.

      Delete
  2. Oooh. This could also be a useful Steampunk style with a vest or waist cincher too.
    Thanks Anita.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a great idea! I always think of this dress as a party piece. :)

      Delete